PVAS Forum

Update 12/8/2016: Image and document uploading instructions.  Click here.

HomeHomeGeneralGeneralAuctionsAuctionsNew to AuctioningNew to Auctioning
Previous

Next
New Post
1/4/2018 12:36 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am new to PVAS and have never participated in an auction as a seller.  I reviewed the rules and was just wondering if there are any pointers you can give to a rookie to ensure a successful sale.

Am I correct that I need to preregister items at the MyGroup Aucitons site before hand.  (Is there a deadline to register items?)

Based on prior experiences is the area the auction kept heated adequately?  (Should I think about heat packs or something)

What happens to fish not sold?  I know price can get dropped as low as a dollar, but what then.  May the seller reclaim it if no one is interested?

Sorry for all the Q's, but this is all new to me. I appreciate any help you all can provide.

New Post
1/4/2018 4:14 PM

Happy New Year!

So glad to hear that you will be bringing fish to sell.  Yes, you need to enter your items into MyGroupAuctions anytime up until the auction starts.  Fish with an accompanying photograph seem to generate more interest from buyers.  It's also best if you can print out your own label and affix it to the bag.  If you don't have Avery labels of the right size, you can always print out the labels on plain white paper, cut them to size with scissors, and tape them onto the fish bags.

The cafeteria is heated, but still not tropical warm so I would bring my fish in a styrofoam box and not pull them out until shortly before the auction starts if you're concerned about temperature.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

New Post
1/4/2018 4:16 PM

Oh, and fish not sold are returned to the seller at the end of the auction. Under current rules, sellers may not remove fish from the auction once the auction starts.  You can remove fish on MyGroupAuctions at anytime up until the auction.  More than once, I've had to remove fish in MGA whenI couldn't net the little rascals.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralAuctionsAuctionsNew to AuctioningNew to Auctioning