PVAS Forum

Update 12/8/2016: Image and document uploading instructions.  Click here.

HomeHomeSupporting Orga...Supporting Orga...Batfish Aquatic...Batfish Aquatic...The Final CountdownThe Final Countdown
Previous

Next
New Post
11/18/2017 1:01 PM

Hey Folks,

A bit of sad news.   My last few import orders have been really, really bad, which has lead me to do some serious soul searching.  After a lot of consideration, I have decided to close Batfish Aquatics' fish sales.  Effective immediately, we will no longer be shipping fish (except to those individuals who have placed orders prior to this, and in special circumstances).  As of the end of the year, we will no longer house any fish or offer retail sales.

We will be updating our stock list in the next few days, most likely as a text only document.   We will begin selling fish by appointment only over the next few weeks.  Prices are FIRM.  

Once the fish are sold off, we will begin selling some of the tanks, racks, and equipment as well -- some I plan to keep as a hobbyist, but right now, I want a lot of it gone.

I'm undecided on continuing to do pre orders at this point, though these will likely be only sporadically.   

Thank you all for the patronage -- it's been a fun adventure, but the time has come to move on.

New Post
12/2/2017 9:39 AM

Joshua

I just saw this, sorry to read the news, but you must do what's best for you and Batfish. Thank you for the years of support to PVAS and the hobby.

David

New Post
12/13/2017 7:56 AM

Joshua,

You and Batfish Aquatics are part of the very fabric of our club, and we are sad to see that you are moving on from the retail aspect. Many of us have benefited from having access to such a wide array of animals and plants and having them delivered directly to us at the meetings. Your generosity in donating fish for auctions has always been very much appreciated. Thank you very much for all you have done, and we wish you well on your new focus.

Here's to a great 2018 for Batfish! 

New Post
12/29/2017 10:08 PM

Josh
I hope that your leaving the fish business doesn't mean that you will leave PVAS. I have enjoyed your company and the fish that I purchased over the years.
Best regards, Bruce

New Post
1/22/2018 7:44 AM

Wow....... So sorry to hear this. But we wish you the best. This really is a tough business, isn’t it.....

Previous

Next
HomeHomeSupporting Orga...Supporting Orga...Batfish Aquatic...Batfish Aquatic...The Final CountdownThe Final Countdown