PVAS Forum

Update 12/8/2016: Image and document uploading instructions.  Click here.

HomeHomeIn The TankIn The TankPlants/Planted ...Plants/Planted ...Java Moss Yogurt CocktailJava Moss Yogurt Cocktail
Previous

Next
New Post
9/29/2017 8:48 PM

Does anyone have experience with establishing java moss on driftwood using a java moss/yogurt concoction made in a blender and painted onto driftwood?  I seem to remember someone talking about this a few years back. Inspired by Christine Key's talk, I'm overhauling my fish room and getting ready to aquascape. Any suggestions or shared experience using the yogurt blender method would be appreciated.

Patchin

New Post
9/30/2017 7:55 PM

Sounds delicious..... and it's good on driftwood?

New Post
9/30/2017 8:44 PM

I’ve never done it. There are quite a few articles out there on the inter webs, though.

New Post
10/4/2017 7:40 PM

I've looked and only find the method used for terrestrial moss. Have you ever used fishing line to keep the moss in contact with the wood until it adheres itself? I've had good luck with Java moss, Java fern, and even some Anubias using that method. Wouldn't the yogurt foul the water?

New Post
5/9/2018 3:10 PM

I've read about it, but never tried it, for the reason Don suggests.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeIn The TankIn The TankPlants/Planted ...Plants/Planted ...Java Moss Yogurt CocktailJava Moss Yogurt Cocktail