PVAS Forum

Update 12/8/2016: Image and document uploading instructions.  Click here.

HomeHomeGeneralGeneralNews & EventsNews & EventsGreat January 2018 Meeting!Great January 2018 Meeting!
Previous

Next
New Post
1/7/2018 10:59 AM

Wonderful meeting to start the year.  Thanks for Jeremy Basch for the excellent presentation and the very cool fish.  Thanks to Josh for the flash presentation. 

Nice auction, too.  Thanks to David for being auctioneer yet again.

Matt

New Post
1/7/2018 2:44 PM

How lucky was I to have one of the most experienced killifish breeders in the country staying with me? Bought a bunch of Nothobranchius killifish eggs that Gary put in the auction. Never having kept killifish before, under the watchful eye of Jeremy, put them in a shoebox and filled it with a few inches of water.  Voila!  12 fry this morning and counting.  They're feeding greedily on rotifers, paramecium, and vinegar eels. Can't wait to see them without resorting to a magnifying glass.

New Post
1/8/2018 10:51 PM

Not near as cold as I expected. Pizza and desserts were great.
Nice update by Josh on fish, plants and invertebrates that Virginia consider to be invasive species. I was surprised about the new rule on crayfish. It use to be that all crayfish were illegal to sell in VA. I thought that was because you had to be an expert to tell one crayfish from another. Now apparently it is just a few species of crayfish that cannot be sold or bought in VA.  Or is it that you cannot transport them across state lines?

Jeremy's talk on wood cats was quite interesting. I got some woodcats from him. They are looking good and eating daphnia well. The surprise was that the females lay fertilized eggs and protect them until they hatch. That also means that male woodcats are easy to tell from females.

New Post
1/10/2018 8:19 AM

I thought the meeting was excellent - and so happy to see so many folks atteneding.

Previous

Next
HomeHomeGeneralGeneralNews & EventsNews & EventsGreat January 2018 Meeting!Great January 2018 Meeting!